ADVISORY: Poison risk

barry hazlehurst
By barry hazlehurst April 21, 2017 12:04

ADVISORY: Poison risk

The Windsor Essex County Health Unit has issued a notice about a bookmark error regarding water bottle cleaning, which could cause potential health risks.

The water bottle safety instructions listed on the back of a Take Charge bookmark may cause the creation of, and exposure to, gas containing chlorine. This can lead to eye irritation and minor respiratory symptoms.

Residents are urged to see if they have this bookmark in their homes. If a Take Charge bookmark is found it should be recycled or thrown out immediately.

The WECHU has not been made aware of any reported reactions to date relating to the bookmark errors as of press time.

The WECHU is working with its partners in the community to remove all of the Take Charge bookmarks that have yet to be distributed to the public.

Directions on proper water bottle cleaning and disinfecting can be found on the WECHU website www.wechu.org

 

barry hazlehurst
By barry hazlehurst April 21, 2017 12:04
Write a comment

No Comments

No Comments Yet!

Let me tell You a sad story ! There are no comments yet, but You can be first one to comment this article.

Write a comment

Only registered users can comment.

Latest Live MediaPlex Broadcast

MediaPlex Journalism Awards Night Slideshow 2016-2017

by Kati Panasiuk - Photos by students at the MediaPlex

MediaPlex Live @ 1
April 13, 2017


Mediaplex Headline Challenge Show 25
April 18, 2017

MediaPlex News Radio

Rt. Hon. Herb Gray Parkway

Documentary for MTO about the Rt. Hon. Herb Gray Parkway produced by St. Clair College Journalism Students and filmmaker, Ted Bezzaire

Twitter Feed

Login